Google Launches Chrome for MAC Users – BETA version Now Available!
It’s Finally Here! The Google Chrome Browser for MAC users may just be faster than Safari, FireFox, and the other Browsers available for MAC. Today came the announcement that you can Download Google Chrome, and take it for a spin. At first glance, Google Chrome is “Lightning Fast” on the MAC. It loads fast, VERY FAST, and has a clean and simple layout. Looks like it could be a mighty contender in the Browser arena.
Testing Google Chrome side by side with Firefox and Safari, Google Chrome was the fastest at loading an un-cached media rich Internet Webpage. Stability wise, we’re testing it with many different sites to see if functionality is an issue and to determine where the browser may fall short. So far, I’m very impressed with the first round “Beta” launch of Google Chrome.
Check it out, the more MAC users testing today, the quicker Google can enhance the Browser and make the necessary changes needed (if any) for end users.
Here are a few fun facts from the Google Chrome for Mac team:
* 73,804 lines of Mac-specific code written
* 29 developer builds
* 1,177 Mac-specific bugs fixed
* 12 external committers and bug editors to the Google Chrome for Mac code base,
48 external code contributors
* 64 Mac Minis doing continuous builds and tests
* 8,760 cups of soft drinks and coffee consumed
* 4,380 frosted mini-wheats eaten