Do you use Posterous? Are you uploading photos to your Posterous site from your mobile device? Did you know you can post to Posterous using the email feature? I started using Posterous when I discovered how easy it is to take a picture with an iPhone (or other mobile device) and upload it to my Posterous site all in under 60 seconds. I use it frequently when I travel because it’s simple, fast, and very efficient.
Now you can create groups on Posterous and share content with other selected individuals of your choice. Posterous.com is much like WordPress or Blogger in that it is a blogging platform. Adding content to your Posterous site online or via a mobile device is sooo easy and now with the ability to create unique groups on the fly, this will really differentiate Posterous from the other on-the-go blogging platforms.
How To Create a Posterous Group
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, name your group using the subject line and you’re on your way.
Invite those you want to share or contribute to the group via an email and you’re done! Groups can be made public or private, it’s your choice. Here’s a quick video sharing the above steps to help get you started.
Before you create your first group(s), consider all the possibilities and ways you can use this for both personal and business. I think you’ll agree that this can be quite a useful tool and a great way to share and contribute information on many different levels, and to many different audiences.
Some ideas to get you started:
- A Photo/Video sharing group for family, friends, or your neighborhood and community.
- A Podcast or Broadcasting group for sharing audio files, music, podcasts and other sound files.
- A Company or Business group to share documents, ideas, advertising and marketing concepts.
- A Technical Support or Blogging group to share tips, tools, and tech tricks with each other.
- A Social Media FAQ group to learn and share with your select group of associates.
- A Team group of all your affiliates and associates to discuss and share ideas and referrals.
- A Group for…(insert your idea here….)
I haven’t created any groups just yet, but I’m about to give it a try. If you’re up to it, share your group with others here, (only if they’re public of course) we’d love to see how your creative ideas and groups evolve.