Are you due? I know I was!! How can you tell if you are? Just go on one and you'll know. You Are Due!!
I just spent the last 5 days with my Family at Disneyland (the happiest place on earth besides AR) We hadn't been there in almost 10 years. WOW! What a change! The trip was unlike any other vacation we'd ever had before.
This one was "THE BEST EVER!"
It went like this, if you're interested in knowing why our vacation, made us feel that life is definitely worth living.
- The 6 hour drive to Anaheim, CA. – (long, but worth it)
- A day at Newport Beach enjoying the surf
- Chicken Dinner at Knott's Berry Farm
- Swimming at the Desert Inn with the kids
- The drive to Hollywood (never made it all the way…have you seen traffic in LA?)
- A drive to the (John Wayne) airport to pickup the oldest son
- A full day at Disneyland 10:00am – 12:00 midnight
- The Disney Fireworks and Music Show (like nothing we've ever seen) Spectacular!
- A full day at California Adventure Park 10:00 – 6:00pm
- Dinner and Awesome Show at Medieval Times (front row seats)
- Shopping at the Disney Plaza on the final day
- The Drive and visit to Cal Poly – (My son will be attending there)
- The 10 hour drive home, up the coast on hywy 101
We drove 1100 total miles, walked well over 20 them, and spent more than 16 hours on the road. It did cost a small fortune, and was WORTH EVERY BIT OF IT!! I NEEDED A VACATION. Now, I need rest from my own vacation. (Big Sigh) I took an extra day off work, just so I could get my walking legs back! I am worn out and couldn't be happier about it!!
The time away from work, computers, cell phones, texters, email, voice-mail and even AR etc., was a very different experience. (I highly recommend it!) The family, the fun, food and laughter made this vacation one for the history and record books. We discovered many new things about the world, our family, travelling and ourselves. Once again, I always realize when it's all over….how much I LOVE VACATIONS!! I'm not sure why, but I even get a little depressed when they come to an end. Does that happen to you too? I believe that's a sign that we don't take enough of them.
So, I leave you with these 5 tips:
- Take a Vacation, (You won't know you need one until you take one)
- Do Something Different , Go Somewhere New
- Squeeze Some Excitement Out of life
- Spend some money, you've worked hard for it!!
- Enjoy Lifes' Journey, it's short and it's yours
We ALL need something to look forward to. Vacations are a major contributor to one's mental balance.
Do you have plans to travel? If not, why not? Don't think you can't afford it. JUST DO IT!! You Can!!
Here are some photos of the "Worlds Greatest Vacation" If there is any doubt in your mind, as to whether you should or not, my advice to you is… TAKE A VACATION!