How do you back up all your Facebook data?
This is a common question I get asked frequently so it’s time to show you how. The most important thing to know is that if you don’t back up your Facebook content and the site goes down or you get the boot, it will be gone and inaccessible forever! That should be enough to motivate you into taking these next few simple steps and backup your entire Facebook content.
Any photos or videos you’ve shared on Facebook
Your Wall posts, messages and chat conversations
Your friends’ names and some of their email addresses
Your friends’ photos and status updates
Other people’s personal info
Comments you’ve made on other people’s posts
Follow These Steps:
(quick tip: open another tab or window so you can follow these instructions as you go)
2. From the pull-down menu options, select “Account Settings”
3. Next you’ll need to select “General” located on the left-hand sidebar options:
(By Default, it should already be on General)
4. Click on the link “Download a copy” of your Facebook data
5. The following screen should appear, click on the green “Start My Archive” button
6. The next option is just a confirmation and notification screen, click “Start My Archive”
7. Now you will see a Request for Download confirmation, click the blue “Okay” button.
8. You’re almost done. Facebook will now export the archived file and email you when it’s ready.
9. The final step is to retrieve your file from Facebook that will be emailed to you.
That’s It! Over 3 years of Facebook content backed up into a single 289 Megabyte .Zip file.
10. Now go tell all your friends and those you care about to backup their Facebook data and content too.
You just never know when something might happen and no one wants to lose their data, photos, videos, and content that they’ve worked so long and hard to share on Facebook’s platform. If you don’t think it could happen, just READ THIS: Facebook Warning: Activities That Could Get You Banned
If you have created Facebook Fan or Business pages, follow these steps for each page. Backing up your profile data on Facebook will NOT include all your other Business and Fan pages, each one will need to be backed up separately.