Every now and again I get requests for a reverse phone directory that allows users to search for owners using a phone number? I also get numerous requests for a phone directory service that can simply search by name, email or property address etc?
Well here are some resources you can use to search phone numbers, names, property addresses, businesses, emails and user names. Even create custom words using your phone number for the letters. IE: 1-800 CAN-FIND. Check-out PhoneSpell to try it.
TOP PHONE AND REVERSE DIRECTORY SERVICES
1. The first and most obvious resource for phone numbers is the Online White Pages. This site allows you to search by name, address, business or phone number. You can also download their Mobile App and for Android users, they offer a caller-id mobile app.
2. Searching by phone number is great when you have a note on your desk with a phone number on it but you forgot to jot down the name that it belongs to?! Reverse Phone Lookup lets you type in the phone number and search for the owner online.
3. Anywho is another great service that allows reverse searching by phone number. They also offer a Yellow Pages directory, a White Pages directory and an Area Code and Zip Code lookup directory which is useful for your local demographic searches.
4. Pipl scours the top social networks, directories, public records, publications, associations, e-commerce and thousands of other sites. They collect contact, social, employment, education, demographic data and background information.
5. Spokeo allows you to search by criteria that the others do not. Searching by email address or user name can be very useful when looking for alias email addresses or when searching by registration or user name.
6. TrueCaller is a cool reverse phone directory that focuses strictly on phone number searches and has a database of more than 1.5 Billion phone numbers world wide. They even provide the top reported spamming phone numbers in real time in your area.
IMPORTANT REMINDER ABOUT DO-NOT-CALL
I’m adding this National Do-Not-Call site just to keep everyone in compliance.
Some of these sites above are free with unlimited use. Others may be free or free with trial but then they want you to pay for the more detailed information and reports offered.
My guess is that you’ve probably already used one of these sites and services but if not, then you are hopefully happy that you found this article.
As always, if I missed your favorite site or service, feel free to add it in the comments so others visiting will have even more options available to them. Much appreciated. And if you believe that you discovered this post by mistake, then don’t call us… we’ll call you!