This is my 100th post and my 100th Day on Active Rain. First, I want to thank Dustin Luther for introducing me to Active Rain. I have met so many great people, and really had the chance to see what Blogging and ActiveRain is all about. I have countless success stories and have seen first-hand what Blogging and Networking can do for you and your business. My goal was to invite 100 people (their photo’s all over this post), create a blog with 100 posts, and share 100 things or reasons why Active Rain and blogging is worth the time and effort, and do it all in 100 days. I have met my goal… Now, can I do this post in 100 words or less? Hmmm.. LOL!
It’s time to spread my Eagle’s wings. Yes, you will still see me around the rain, it’s just that I want to use the information and knowledge I have learned from all of you (you know who you are, way too many to list), and Pay it forward to others. It’s time I help them with the success of their business and Blogs. Blogging, as we all know, is new, exciting, and very beneficial to us in so many ways, it is just one more tool in our arsenal of success. I want to provide more help and support to those individuals I’ve introduced to Active Rain, and also to those that I’ve met here too. To me, this is PAYING IT FORWARD in the ultimate Active Rain style. Now I hope to achieve a different level of success. Giving back and Paying it forward is also my way of saying “Thank You” to all who have payed it forward to me.
I will still be running my other blogs, and trying to take them to the next level as well! TechKnowBabble, Real Estate 411, The Music Blog, What’s Right With the World Blog, The Solano Referral Network Blog, and The Title and Escrow Blog.
On a personal note:
- My wife and I are going to be going into the studio to start work on our next Album (CD)
- I have the opportunity to take on a new role with my company. This is an exciting time for me
- I will be spending more time with my family and Paying it forward to them, they are my legacy
- We are considering opening a Martial Arts School in the community where we live
- My oldest son is leaving for Cal Poly next month, I need to get out and close some deals 🙂
All that to say this:
Thank you for your referrals, the friendships, and the support you have provided to ALL the members just like me. Active Rain is one of the most powerful on-line networks I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of. I can’t wait to share with others what it can do for them, and how IT WILL benefit their business. I have seen it with my own eyes, I am a believer!!
So as promised, here they are:
Some of these were posted by YOU, in my post: Who Put The Links…
- 1. Slide – Creates Free slide shows. Great for Website, Listings, Family and Friends etc.
- 2. Meebo– A Free Online Chat Module for your website or Activerain Profile Page
- 3. Overweb3D – Cool Multimedia for your Real Estate Website
- 4. Google Analytics – Awesome tracking for your website and profile page
- 5. Clustermaps – FREE Visitor Mapping for your web. Shows a World Map with all your visitors
- 6. BatchGeoCode – Map Multiple Locations, great for travel of tour sheet
- 7. Rand McNally – (NEW) Get directions between multiple stops, all in one route
- 8. Google Earth – Absolutely the coolest thing on Earth! The world at your desktop! FREE
- 9. Primo PDF– A Free PDF Convertor, Converts any printable doc to a .pdf format (save $500.00)
- 10. MyPublisher – A website that allows you to upload photos and create a nicely bound book
for your clients. A great closing gift! Less than $30.00. (A Great Referral Book)
- 11. Google Maps – Google Maps of the World, right on your TREO Phone. Free!
- 12. THIS SITE offers free web sites for agents. Here is a post with more information.
- 13. I thought this was pretty cool – Website Grader.
- 14. For those with handheld devices like the TREO here is a map site that can be used on a Palm device
- 15. Here is a simple site that lets you keep track of…. http://www.re-date.com/
- 16. I just upload everything from Mozy.com and I’m back in business
- 17. Agent Assist 5.0 – Goal Planning and Tracking Software (for excel) I am a little partial to this.
- 18. Docusign – Electronic Signatures – Here’s one for your investors and out of area clients
- 19. To repeat various earlier posts, try JOTT. I use it every day to send e-mail to myself.
- 20. Lots of statistics by zip code.. http://www.zipcodestats.com/
- 21. On the serious side of life, the one item that I’m surprised isn’t yet here is Hit Tail.
- 22. check this zip code site out: http://acg.media.mit.edu/people/fry/zipdecode/
- 23. Here’s a Blog post I thought was really a great value to members, so I thought I’d add it too.
- 24. Wufoo.com is one very good tool
- 25. Online Videos by Veoh.com
- 26. Here’s one Kristal found .http://activerain.com/blogsview/81479/Is-it-spooky-or
- 27. It’s a free voting poll. Cool http://www.polldaddy.com/
- 28. The web site for a free slide show is http://www.photobucket.com/
- 29. http://www.websitegrader.com/ speaks for itself
- 30. Tracks your website hits with a cool looking interface: http://www.histats.com/
- 31. This is a great Marketing tool for all http://www.vflyer.com/main/Guest.jsp
- 32. Get 250 Free Business Cards, all you pay is shipping: It’s done online and FREE!
- 33. The Top Real Estate Blogs: Great website http://www.blogtopsites.com/real-estate/
- 34. How to put a You Tube video in your Blog, comment or webpage
- 35. You don’t want to miss this event!! http://www.realestateconnect.com/sf07/bloggersconnect.aspx
- 36. http://www.birthdayalarm.com/ great for tracking clients, friends and family birthdays.
- 37. Free online color book for the kids, too cool http://www.freekidscoloring.com/spring_songbird-1944.php
- 38. http://www.promopeddler.com/Promotional_Products/Free-Web-Content.htm
- 39. http://www.filmloop.com/ great slide show, what’s your story..
- 40. Show readers on your blog… http://www.myblogroll.com/
- 41. Sign up for Jaxtr.com free. An international Phone or text messaging center, really cool!
- 42. Bubble Guru, a link to a site from Jeff Turner – http://www.bubbleguru.com/register.php
- 43. http://www.librarything.com/ post your favorite books on your blog or website
- 44. This is a great way to keep up with your blog and your website in terms of Google ratings etc.
- 45. https://www.blogbackuponline.com/techrigy/ check out this FREE service
- 46. https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp a real FREE credit report
- 47. https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi This is another great site that will remove the soft hits
to your clients credit
- 48. generate more referral business from this local pitch website. http://localpitch.com/
- 49. http://www.mylivesignature.com/ – allows you to create a custom signature
- 50. Create Audio, Video, Podcasts for your blog, all for FREE! http://www.hipcast.com/
- 51. http://tinyurl.com/ converts long urls to short or tiny ones
- 52. http://www.grazr.com/ offers free upload and hosting for feeds and OPML outlines.
- 53. Get your own FREE website at: http://www.bravenet.com/
- 54. http://meez.com/home.dm Create your own Avatar / Character for free.
- 55. The best title insurance company website http://www.firstam.com/ How’d that get in here? 🙂
- 56. Floodsmart.gov Run any address for floodzone info
- 57. Emigrantdirect.com FREE MONEY! 5cents on Every Dollar! NO KIDDING!!
- 58. Switchboard.com Find “anyone” search engine
- 59. Realfeedback.com Get Open House responses online, from other agents!
- 60. REVEI Real Estate Video Education Institute
- 61. RealEstateShows.com – You better know about this one!
- 62. BlogTopList – The top Real Estate Blogs, are you on there? Add to your blog.
- 63. Have people vote for your blog – VOTE using Blog Top List
- 64. Top Blog Area – where does your blog rate? Cool stuff for marketing!
- 65. Google Page Ranker – add this to your blog!
- 66. Online Training by HP for Realtors
- 67. Free Software and Utilities for your computer and business…and fun!
- 68. Free Photo editing software from Picasa.com by Google
- 69. Kodak Gallery – Store your photo albums online
- 70. A Really truly FREE Annual Credit Report – not like those others that….you know.
- 71. Wht does your Phone Number Spell? Find out here
- 72. Online Transaction Manager – RELAY – the new way of future real estate online.
- 73. Free Online Music – (for listening while you work) Shoutcast
- 74. Free Training Online by Microsoft
- 75. National Home Search – Promote your website or blog for FREE!
- 76. Real Estate Cards – Check this one out… erealtycards.com
- 77. Create an RSS feed ANYWHERE! – this is a must!
My favorite links, resources, instructions, advice, tips, tricks, techniques, and
tools for your blogging success. You’ll Love These!!
- 78. Welcome To Active Rain http://activerain.com/blogsview/19087/Welcome-to-ActiveRain
- 79. Active Rain community Resourceshttp://activerain.com/blogsview/65489/ActiveRain-Community-
- 80. http://activerain.com/blogsview/112323/The-Magic-Bus-Blogging
- 81. Trulia’s HousingWidgets.com and better widget support on ActiveRain
- 82. Tell Me Again Why to Blog?
- 83. A Rare Photo… a life lesson!
- 84. How To Become The Expert in an Area
- 85. What Makes A House A Home?
- 86. Top 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes
- 87. The Ultimate Tool Box
- 88. ENTER THE RAIN… from a New, Beautiful & Different Perspective
- 89. Do You SEO?
- 90. Blogs: Are you a “Post”, or a “Comment” Reader
- 91. RSS explanation from a non-geek – Project Blogger session 3
- 92. Like, Trust and Satisfaction – Priciples of Life
- 93. Active Rain Week in Review – , March 12 to March 18, 2007
- 94. Real Estate Agents! Can you ditch the laptop for a Treo 700p?
- 95. Net 3.0: Widgets, RSS And The Replacement Of Newsprint
- 96. Photos and Graphics and Clip-Art Oh My…
- 97. Is Blogging Journaling? – Why Should I Blog?
- 98. 10 Killer Real Estate Marketing Ideas…plus a Free Ebook
- 99. What’s your point? Is there a point? The point was made!
- 100! I would have to say, that it would be this post! WHEW!!!!!
This one took the longest to create!