Social Media Marketing is much more than just adding your profile to LinkedIn and joining Facebook and Twitter. There’s a new breed of consumer out there looking to simplify their connections with others online.
The Internet is an opportunity to create communication, get answers, find facts and data, research people, places, and things, get instants results and knowledge, post and share content etc. and do it all for free.
- You can’t ever win if you don’t ever play.
- Content isn’t really king, it’s “context” that is king.
- Don’t plagiarize content from other sources.
- It’s not all about You, and it’s ALL about YOU.
- Everyone wants to buy, no one wants to be sold.
- Keeping it local, social, and mobile is powerful.
- SMM is all about people, places, and things.
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain.
- Win friends and influence people with words and actions.
- Interact with honest and sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in others an eager desire to want to participate.
- Focus on customer experience more than customer service.
- Set a specific amount of time aside to do social media mktg.
- Understand each site and its culture before creating a strategy.
- Resist the temptation to engage in negative commentary.
- Make a presence in popular arenas and articles by commenting.
- Use social media to “connect” with contacts, not to sell.
- Maximize your ROI by tapping into others’ SOI and friends.
- Engage online to create opportunity and appointments offline.
- Focus on earning & establishing “like” “trust” and “satisfaction”
Making people sincerely feel important is a Social Media Marketing Golden Rule. Demonstrate honest transparency one hundred percent of the time and your efforts will be successful and greatly rewarded.
We are only in the beginning stages of this global SMM phenomenon and while Facebook continues growing with over 1,000,000,000 user profiles, there’s still much to be had and learned about using Social Media.